Sunday 19 June 2011

my 1st post is about Wannabe

This is my 1st post !

According to the title, Wannabe .. Does it sound familiar to you ?

Wannabe is a song by ...

Picture Courtesy

SPICE GIRLS !

It was pop songs era back then. Group bands - mostly consist of 5 persons - were so trending at that time. Many people like Spice Girls as every member has their own image so many people with different characters like them.

I still can remember their nicknames very well without taking a peek at other website :

Emma Bunton - Baby Spice (most of my girl friends like her the most)

Geri - Ginger Spice (i think she is kinda so-so, but i was surprised that she has a really great impact on the group. After she left the group, Spice Girl's not that popular anymore)

Melanie C. - Sporty Spice (she looks really cool with her neat ponytail and her voice is really "sporty" too)

Melanie B. - Scary Spice (i think she  is kinda scary because of her hair . LOL! )

Victoria Adams (now Beckham) - Posh Spice (ah... my favorite one <3 i like her because she looks so... lady :D )

I knew Spice Girls since i listened to this Wannabe song - which i mispronounced it at that time as [wa na be]. English is not my first language :D But actually until now i still don't know why they wrote "Wannabe" instead of "Wanna be".

Wannabe is one of the most challenging songs for me until today (i still sing this song if i go to karaoke!).

This part by Mel B is so breathtaking (after you finished this part. LOL):

So here's a story from A to Z
You wanna get with me, you gotta listen carefully
We got M in the place who likes it in your face,
We got G like MC who likes it on
and easy V doesn't come for free (she's a real lady),
and as for me.. ha you'll see..
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around

Usually right before this part, i inhale a lot! And then i hold my breath.. after that... hah... :D
*usually it's hard to hold my breath when i reach the "she's a real lady" part. LOL!

Let's sing ! ha-ha-ha-ha .. (0:48)

No comments:

Post a Comment